Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Your Diet - My Diet


Everything works and nothing works.

Confused? Okay good, let's try to see what that means.

I am no scientist but I have acquired, through personal experience and the experience of my clients, an array of what I believe to be useful information when it comes to diet and fat loss. I love to eat and try new and healthy foods, but that doesn't mean that everyone else does. I can also manage to go in the sun, get burnt quite easily then turn right back to being a slightly off-white. There is a slim chance that my burn will turn into a tan but others can easily bronze their entire body. Get my point?

Different diets have worked for different people for hundreds of years. Within the past few decades we have had such diets come into popularity like Atkins, South Beach, Protein Power, Paleo, High Carb-Low Fat, Low-Carb-Low Fat and so on. I could probably write an entire blog post naming all of the different diets out there. I am not one to say that one is BETTER than the other but simply just different.

We all have a different biochemistry and though there are multiple similarities and mechanisms within the body that works the same for 99% of the population, it just might be the case that MY diet is completely and 180 degree different from YOUR diet. My point is simply this, I can get by with eating almost entirely and I do mean ALMOST ENTIRELY (not 80%, 85% or even 90% but closer to 98%) fruits, vegetables, beef, poultry, fish, nuts and seeds. To be honest that is my diet right now and I am probably the leanest I have ever been; in fact just last night I noticed 3 veins across my obliques and abdomen that I have never seen before.

Why is it that some people out there can eat processed food and carbohydrates like bread and pasta (be it whole wheat or not) and compliment that with highly processed cheeses and meat that is foreign to most carnivores on this planet (taco bell, what is autolyzed yeast extract and why is cocoa powder in my chili?) and have abs that make even Gerard Butler from 300 jealous? That's because they found a way that works for them. I can recommend a way of eating to a client that parallels what I am consuming in my diet but it isn't positive that they will get the same results as me. I know from my own experiences that I can get extremely lean by limiting some foods and staying completely away from others.

To sum it up, try different things and try to find something that works for you. We know that protein helps us build and retain muscle and that helps us look good when you get rid of the fat. We know that carbohydrates might not be essential for the body (at least in the amounts that those on a typical west coast diet consume) and healthy fats like those found in avocados, nuts and some oils have amazing health benefits like previously mentioned in my post about Omega-3s! Try different combinations and see how amazing the body can adapt. After all, the best diet is the diet that you can stick to and adhere to.

I love MY diet, do you love YOURS?

Until next time

In Health,

Coach Steigler

No comments:

Post a Comment